Adama Venom® Professional 100 SC Insecticide
- VENOM® PROFESSIONAL is a broad-spectrum insecticide, in a Suspension Concentrate Formulation, containing 100 g/L of the active ingredient bifenthrin
- It is registered for the control of Lepidopteran pests such as Lawn Armyworm and Sod Webworm and adult stages of Coleopteran pests including Argentine Stem Weevil, Billbug and African Black Beetle in all recreational turf situations
- VENOM® PROFESSIONAL is also registered for the control of a range of insects including Two-spotted mite, caterpillars and loopers, whitefly, mealybug, Plague Thrips and cutworms in ornamental plant situations
- VENOM® PROFESSIONAL is also labelled for the control of several ant species including Black Ant, Coastal Brown Ant, Funnel Ant, Meat Ant, Sugar Ant, Stinging Ants and Red Imported Fire Ants in turf and industrial situations
- VENOM® PROFESSIONAL is additionally labelled for the control of spiders, Papernest Wasps, mosquitoes, biting midges, flies, fleas & ticks in internal and external areas and surrounds of domestic, commercial, public and industrial buildings or structures.
Mode of Action
Bifenthrin, the active ingredient in VENOM® PROFESSIONAL, kills insect pests by interfering with the normal functions of the nervous system. Bifenthrin interferes with the sodium channel gating mechanism that underlies the generation and conduction of nerve impulses through the insect’s body. Bifenthrin acts by disturbing the sodium/potassium ion balance within the insect’s nerve cell membrane, creating a flush of excess sodium in the cell. This causes an electrical imbalance, throwing the whole nervous system into spasm, ultimately leading to paralysis and death of the susceptible insect pest. VENOM® PROFESSIONAL is a Group 3A insecticide and belongs to the Synthetic Pyrethroid group of insecticides. VENOM® PROFESSIONAL works via contact activity on the target insect and is not systemic within the plant.
VENOM® PROFESSIONAL has excellent UV stability, unlike many other Synthetic Pyrethroids. As a result, VENOM® PROFESSIONAL can provide extended residual activity in turf for up to 8 weeks. The following trial highlights the residual performance achieved on Armyworm over an 8-week timeframe.
VENOM® PROFESSIONAL contains an inbuilt surfactant, reducing the need for an additional adjuvant in many situations. The in-built surfactant enhances active ingredient coverage over the leaf surface, maximising the potential to contact the target insect.
- Active Ingredient:
- 100G/L Bifenthrin